O.K., seriously...I suck at this blogging thing. All day things happen and I'm like, "Ooooo...I should blog about that." And as you can clearly see, it's not happening. So, just to let you all know that I'm still alive and kickin', I'm just going to let you know what I've been up to lately. There will be pictures later. I'm just not motivated enough at the moment to deal with pictures. **UPDATE: I FOUND SOME MOTIVATION. ENJOY THE PICS!
1. So, my oldest started first grade about 2 weeks ago. Can we say REALITY CHECK? Man, I'm getting old. I'm still getting used to him being gone all day. At about 1:00 everyday, I look at the clock and think sheesh...he still has almost three hours of school left. And his little brother seems a little lost without him to play with. His teacher tested them for reading readiness too. She said that she can only test the kids to a certain level and he was above what she could test him for. She wants us to send him to school with chapter books because everything she has in her class isn't challenging enough for him. Whew! It's nice to fell like we're doing something right! Here he is on his first day of first grade, hence the #1 sign:
2. My youngest and I tripped up to Idaho to visit with my older sister and her family who had driven out from Minnesota to visit and bring my niece to college. It was so much fun! I sometimes forget how much I love being with my sisters since we don't get to spend much time all together. There was shopping, laughing, eating, more laughing and even more eating. I think I gained about 15 pounds during the 5 days I was there. And I can never get enough of the "Briana" stories. My niece Briana is hilarious. She is starting her freshman year of college this year and she is going to be so mad at me if she sees this, but I had to share this one. So she is sitting in sacrament meeting one Sunday behind a fairly new family in their ward with younger children. She is making faces at one little girl trying to get her to smile and all. She says to my other niece, "Hey, look, I think she likes me." My niece, Tayler, who is only 10, says to her, "Um, Briana, she's blind." Seriously, so sad that this little girl can't see, but seriously so funny Briana thought she was watching her! There are so many more of these stories, I'll have to share more later. Needless to say, I had an awesome time seeing them all. Here's Tayler & Bri fresh out of bed:
I wish they didn't live so far away. My nephew Mitch, is a complete crack up too. He's a junior in high school, and has been asked to MC several events. He just delivers comedy like no one I've seen. Someone said to him while they were visiting how skinny he was. Without even a single crack of a smile, he shoots right back with, "Yeah. I blame it on big city pollution." (They live just outside of the Twin Cities).
Oh, and I have to say "THANKS" to Danny for letting me totally invade her house for 5 days with my little terror.
3. I've been doing some sewing too. Multiple babies and birthdays are coming up, so my sewing machine has been busy. Here's a little peak:
4. Sanding, sanding, sanding. I've had an awesome response to the post on Sugardoodle, and thanks to that, I've been a sanding-vinyl-cutting fool for the last week. Lots of wood to cut and sand, vinyl to cut and weed, and kits to assemble. I love how they are turning out and would love to hear some feedback from any of you who have purchased the kits.
5. Oh geez! I almost forget some good stuff! Last week my hus-b called and asked how my feet and hands were. I know, sounds kind of weird, but I knew what he meant. I told him they were pretty much disgusting after a summer of flip flops, so he called this fantastic salon & spa and made an appointment for me to get a manicure & pedicure. I have to tell you, the esthetician that worked on me was fantastic! So, if you live in Utah County, you need to call Journey's End and ask for Heather. She did the best pedicure I've ever had! And some serious kudos to my hus-b for thinking of that all on his own!
So, I guess that's it for the last couple of weeks. Oh, and one final memory of my youngest who is now three. I have a niece that is almost the same age as my little one and while we were visiting in Idaho, her new saying was, "Oh.....my.....josh!" That exactly how she said it. Can't spit out the "g" yet. Like a little diva, she's darling. So, I said it to my little boy the other night and his response to me was, "Oh...my...hell!" Um, yeah, where is he learning that? Looks like we have some work to do with that one. Or maybe Mommy needs to watch her potty mouth, huh?